The Great American Ridge Re-Run
|Date:||Friday October 22, 2021 12:00 pm|
$4 to enter park. No race entry fee.
When: Friday, October 22nd - From 12:00 noon until the last person quits
Where: Lake Lurleen; Coker, Alabama
· Everyone starts at the North Trailhead aid station at noon on Friday, running a counter-clockwise ridge loop
· Run as fast or slow as you want, but you must return to home base by 1 pm to stay in the game. Mark the board to record your lap, eat, talk, relax until . . .
· At 1 pm the goose will squawk, signaling the start of the second loop, this time going clockwise.
· This pattern repeats until the last person decides to quit.
· Don’t cheat
· Have fun
· No entry fee. (The Park asks for 4 bucks to enter, but it’s cheaper to buy the 100 dollar membership for a year and just run there every other day.)
· Aid station will have food and drinks, but you are welcome to bring your own, set up your own tent, etc.
· You can’t fail this race. There are no DNF’s. Everybody DNW’s except the last runner standing.
· Great training exercise or ultras. It’s all about pacing. Plenty of time to eat, hydrate, socialize during the event.
· Unique format allows you to choose your target distance, then sit back and enjoy the journey.
Questions? Call Brandon Kasteler at 205-361-1499