1/2 Marathon & 5k
(this will also be included in your race packet)
Thank you for entering the Nicholas Wilson Memorial Tashka Trail ½Marathon and 5k. After taking a year off, we are excited to be back withthe new format. We welcome your feedback on the change. Whether you are aveteran on the trails or a rookie, we hope your race will be enjoyable, safeand memorable.
Packet Pickup will be held at Wagners Run/Walk Store located at MidtownVillage, 1800 McFarland Blvd E, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404 from 6-8 p.m. Friday night and from 6-7:30 a.m. Saturday morning at the Pavilion.
Please DON’T forget your $4.00 park entry fee
ALL runners must check in at the South Trailhead Pavilion before 7:45 a.m. Saturday morning.
1. Announcements and final instructionswill begin at 7:45 a.m.
2. The ½ marathon will begin at 8:00a.m. CST at the park entrance gate house.
3. The 5k will begin at 8:30 a.m. CST atthe park entrance gate house.
4. Your race number must be worn on thefront and visible at all aid stations.
5. Aid Station volunteers will recordyour number as you leave each aid station.
6. If you must drop out of the race, you must notify an aid station volunteer. Boat transportation will be provided if necessary.
HalfMarathon Course Description
1. The START is located near the park entrance gate house and will follow a counter-clockwise direction around the lake. The first 1.87 miles will be on pavement.
2. After crossing the traffic bridge turn ft and follow the roadto the north campground.
3. Turn left into the north campground and follow the roadclockwise until you leave the north campground.
4. Continue on the road and turn left to the entrance of the north trailhead and the beginning of Tashka Trail.
5. Follow the Tashka Trail approximately 1.8 miles to theLightning Loop.
6. Follow the Lightning Loop in a clockwise direction for .43 miles back to the Tashka Trail.
7. Turn left on Tashka Trail and follow it 7.0 milesto theLakeside Trail.
8. Exit the Tashka Trail up a steep incline to the earth dam.
9. Follow the Lakeside Trail 2.0 miles to the finish, located at the south trailhead pavilion.
Park roads 1.87
Tashka Trail 1.80
Lightning Loop 0.43
Tashka Tail 7.00
Lakeside Trail 2.00
There will be a water only station at the north trailhead.
You will pass two additional Aid Stations along the Tashka Trail located at Boat Rescue Point 3 (approx 4.75 miles from the north trailhead)and Boat Rescue Point 1 (approximately 4 miles before the finish). The Boat Rescue Aid Stations will have water, Gatorade, sweet and salty treats.
MAKESURE YOUR RACE NUMBER IS VISIBLE AT EACH AID STATION
5k Course Description
The 5k will begin at the park entrance and follow the park road to the north campground and will return back through the park to the south trailhead pavilion. This is an out and back on pavement.
MEDICAL AND AID
Medical assistance will be provided by the Mount Olive Volunteer Fire Department.
There will be two aid / check in stations. They are located at Boat Rescue Points 1 and 3. Aid stations will have fluids (Gatorade and water), salty and sweet stuff.
Boat Rescue Points will arrange transportation back to the South Trailhead if necessary.
Race results will be posted at race site and made available on website. Race Timing is provided by the Tuscaloosa Track Club.
Please be sure to thank our wonderful volunteers for spending their time here to cheer you on.
Again, thank you for your support of The Nicholas Wilson Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We are committed to providing financial support to various children’s programs and charities throughout West Alabama. If you have any organizations you would like us to consider, please contact us.
Alison and Walt White, Race Directors
Julie and Eric Wilson, Race Supporters
or poston our Facebook Page.